Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead cross-functional, cross-site, and cross-company teams to meet requirements on-time and within budget
• Facilitate projects from initiation (including handoff from the Commercial/Sales team), through development, and through Release to Production
• Develop project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various managers and technical personnel during all project phases
• Maintain risk assessments and mitigation plans on development programs
• Establish and maintain the project plan and update reporting
• Escalate resource constraints impacting commitments
• Work closely with Product Management, R&D, Supply and other functions to manage scope and change requests
• Build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders – demonstrate effective stakeholder management and expectations setting
• Report project progress regularly to key stakeholders (customers, suppliers, management, team members, etc.) including key milestones, status, top risks and mitigation plans, next steps, and help needed – on a regular cadence
• Work closely with engineering teams, supply chain management, and leaders to drive cross-functional continuous improvement
• Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions, and implement efficiency improvements
• Other duties as assigned
• Five or more years of relevant experience with one or more of the following: customer-facing roles, sales, project management, product development, and supply chain management
• Extensive work experience from the payment or access card industry. Either from Card manufacturing, Personalization, Issuing or other role in the card ecosystem.
• Self-starter naturally steps up and assumes ownership / responsibility
• Knowledgeable of both theoretical and practical aspects of program management
• Ability to work under pressure, establish priorities and deliver to fixed dates. Understand and manage the critical path
• Strong time and project management skills with the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Ability to anticipate issues and proactively propose and negotiate solutions. Excellent problem-solving skills
• Experience in handling customer concerns regarding development milestones. Poise when dealing with tense situations with customers, suppliers, and/or other business partners
• Excellent sense of organization and attention to detail
• Strong business acumen and organization leadership skills; assertive and diplomatic; self-directing; able to manage up and down the organization with influence; willing to hold others accountable
• Maintain a mindset of continuous improvement, in terms of efficiency of processes & customer satisfaction and optimization
• Must be courteous and polite in written and oral communication, and be able to get ideas across in a non-confrontational manner in one-to-one situations, small groups, and before large audiences
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Project
• Able to join or lead conference calls occasionally outside normal business hours
• Able to travel internationally, including to SE Asia and other parts of Europe, ~10% travel
• Valid work-permit to work in Europe
• Valid Passport or acquisition within 90 days
• Fluent in English
• 5+ years of program and/or project management experience in the high technology industry
• Work experience from smart card manufacturing, printed circuit board manufacturing and assembly, and/or semiconductors
• Overseas / cross-cultural / cross-geographical experience
• Knowledgeable of industry best practice program management techniques and tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
• Required: Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Engineering, or related field
• Preferred: Master of Engineering. Master of Business Administration.
What You’ll Be Part of
A high-tech company with award winning technology that enables integration of biometric technologies into devices, wearables and others, developed for use in areas where absolute-positive personal authentication is essential. Applications fall into markets such as access control, banking, and healthcare.
We Need Someone Who
• Desires to work with the latest technologies and wants to be in a continuous learning environment.
• Is a self-starter, proactively taking ownership of tasks and completing them in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
• Has the drive to innovate and deliver solutions to complex technical and business problems.
• Has a willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
Working with the Commercial, Product Management, Quality, Supply Chain, and Research and Development departments, you will be surrounded by a passionate and multidisciplinary team who has direct impact on the final products and our users’ experience.
You will also have many opportunities to work across time-zones within Zwipe and with our suppliers, partners, and customers, often virtually and occasionally in-person.
Your surrounding environment will be inclusive and collaborative, where all members are expected to express and defend their point of view, take pride in what they do and love to share it with the team. We validate our assumptions with data, create tests to verify our implementations, we know our tools, and look for opportunities to automate and simplify everything.
Travel is required, primarily to our customers and Zwipe locations in the USA, SE Asia, and Europe. The candidate must be located at Munich, Germany, Oslo, Norway or other parts of Europe.
To apply for this position, click here