Within the Access Control space, our mission is “Making Convenience Secure” for cardholders and the organizations they work for. Using advanced fingerprint recognition while protecting personal information, Zwipe’s solutions adds positive cardholder authentication to the smart card itself. There’s a convenience benefit for the cardholder and a security benefit to the enterprise.
Our versatile technology functions in conjunction with existing infrastructure and systems without the need for external databases and without the need for batteries. Zwipe Access cards support HID ® Seos ® and LEGIC Advant. Other applications will be added to our portfolio in the future.
We are recruiting a Senior Product Manager Access Control to manage our Access Control product line. You will own this product line and be responsible for its commercial success in a highly competitive market. This role interfaces with both commercial and technical contacts – represented by sales and customers as well as engineering and systems integrators. The Senior Product Manager Access Control will report to the Chief Product and Strategy Officer.
Why have we created this position?:
Zwipe wants to maintain and expand its biometric Access Control product portfolio. The current portfolio includes biometric Access Control cards, enrolment applications, and tailored customer documentation and support.
The Senior Product Manager Access Control is responsible for:
1. Owning the Access Control product line, including:
· Product lifecycle management
· Customer requirements engineering
· Product definition
· Requirement specifications
· Business case assessment
· Customer-facing product documentation and collateral.
2. Maintaining the product roadmap for the Access Control product line, including:
· Market analysis
· Competitor analysis and benchmarking
· Technology and market trends analysis
· Defining the product strategy within the Access Control segment
· Deciding, with management, which verticals and horizontals to target.
3. Supporting our Sales and Pre-Sales team:
· Organizing Sales trainings
· Hands-on 2nd level customer support
· Reporting and resolving product defects.
4. Maintaining the relationship with strategic OEM partners:
· Authoring detailed technical requirements specifications
· Working with the Supply Chain and Engineering teams in identifying and selecting strategic OEM partners for biometric Access Control
· Ensuring interoperability with market-leading Access Control schemes.
5. Working with Engineering teams throughout product development:
· Program Management on the active development program
· Guidance on product requirements and acceptance criteria
· Organizing design reviews
· Resolving trade-offs between conflicting requirements.
This is a senior position with significant strategic importance to the product deliveries of the company and the successful candidate will have the gravitas and credibility to contribute to the commercial success of the company. It is essential that the Senior Product Manager Access Control can demonstrate the following:
· A strong technical background in at least two of the following areas: Biometrics, Smart Cards, Access Control industry, Security industry.
· Deep knowledge of at least one Access Control scheme (e.g., NXP MIFARE ®, HID ® Seos ®, LEGIC Advant).
· Experience of having held a similar position as a Sales-, Product-, or Project Manager in a company deploying hardware and software products in mass commercial roll out
· Directly relevant experience in
o gathering requirements from sales and customers
o writing product requirement specifications
o negotiating technical feasibility with Engineering
o inter-industry standards compliance, for example, work in a standardization body, such as ISO or EMV.Co.
o Experience in creating and outsourcing customer-facing documentation
· 5 plus years’ relevant technical experience
· M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree an advantage, but vocational training in a technical field is just as good.
· Fluent English is a must, knowledge of German or French a plus.
· Comfortable with regular travel within EMEA.
Job Location: Zwipe operates offices in Munich, Germany. However, the successful candidate may be located anywhere in Europe. Our emphasis is on finding the best person for the job, regardless of the location. Working-from-home is also encouraged. If you are not located in Munich, we would expect you to be on-site for at least 3-5 days per month.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an attractive salary and can play a significant role in the product offering and success of Zwipe by owning an important product line.
To apply for the position, click here